BETA & CETA Specifications
Modine oil forced, air forced (OFAF) transformer oil coolers are compatible with most transformer projects worldwide. The BETA and CETA series meet or exceed the Energy related Products (ErP) Directive 2015 and are made with reference to EN 50216.
The BETA and CETA transformer oil coolers are delivered as fully factory-assembled units. The difference between the two coolers is size (CETA is larger).
Each cooler consists of a casing with a finned tube heat exchanger, having one to four fan units. If the cooler has more than one fan, fans are separated by partition walls to enables better power regulation, by switching one fan ON of OFF, depending on the unique cooling needs. Both BETA and CETA coolers are designed to withstand vibrations, shocks, seismic forces, and thermal movements.
Modine CIS Concept Benefits
Modine CIS transformer oil coolers offer:
- Pre-designed with simple-to-order product code or computer program ordering for correct sizing
- Different sizes within BETA or CETA types offer a wide capacity range
- More efficient fans for ErP compliance
- Increased corrosion protection systems with optional C5-M (marine) and C-I) industrial E-coatings
- Stainless steel tubes for extra corrosion protection and longer service life
- Up to five fans per cooler, making it possible to install fewer units
- High cooling capacity and compact design
- Low sound level with different fan speeds
- Low energy consumption
- Delta or Wye connections within one motor
- Horizontal or vertical installation
- Different materials available to meet specific application needs
FINNED HEAT EXCHANGER
• The headers are bolted to the tube plates.
• When the number of liquid passes is three, each header is fitted with partition walls to make the required cross-flow circuit, relative to the air flow.
• The rubber o-rings arranged between the headers and the tube plates provide an effective seal.
• The tubes are mechanically expanded into the fins as to give absolute contact between the tubes and fins for best heat transfer
• Plugged vent and drain connections are provided on each header.
FAN AND MOTOR
• The coolers could be ordered with external or internal rotor motor technology, giving a wide range of possibilities in order to optimize the cooling solution.
• The fan deck and the fan cone is made of painted pre-galvanized steel.
• If required, it can be painted for aesthetic reasons or increased corrosion protection.
• The casing is equipped with lifting lugs and brackets, in order to fit the cooler to the transformer.