Modine ALFA oil forced, air forced (OFAF) transformer oil coolers are delivered as fully factory-assembled units and are designed to withstand vibrations, shocks, seismic forces, and thermal movements. The oil in the cooler is circulated using a pump (which can be ordered separately).
Each cooler consists of a casing with a finned tube heat exchanger having one or two fan units. On two fan units, the fans are separated by a partition that permits turning each fan ON or OFF for incremental air flow regulation as cooling needs change.
The ALFA transformer oil cooler heat exchanger is made of aluminum tubes mounted in a bundle of aluminum plate fins. The fins on the tubes give an increased heating surface to compensate for the low heat transfer coefficient on the air side. The continuous fin arrangement in the air flow direction and wide fin pitch provide good resistance against clogging to help ensure reliable cooling.
The coolers are equipped with direct driven fans available in different speeds, depending on the sound level requirements. Fan motors have open drainage to accommodate their outdoor installation.
Modine ALFA Benefits
- Pre-designed with simple-to-order ordering product code, or computer program (COILS) ordering available for correct sizing
- Compact with wide cooling capacity range
- Low sound level achieved via different fan speeds
- Low energy consumption
- Delta or Wye connections within one motor
- Horizontal or vertical installation design
- Different materials available to meet specific application requirements